Thanks so much, Jacquie, for the nomination! Guys, make sure to check out her blog here. She is a very wise woman, and I have learned a lot by reading what she has written.
The rules are the same
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers and make them happy
- Make up to 11 questions and ask them to your nominees
- Notify your (up to) 11 nominees.
I’ve already done the first, so now on to the second!
- I like fantasy football.
- I want to go to Moody Bible Institute, Chicago.
- I still have all of my grandparents.
- My favorite fruit is jackfruit.
- I like the NFL- Chicago Bears
- I enjoy drinking coca-cola
- I only wear jeans once a week
- I am lactose intolerant
- I hate tomatoes
- Dogs are better than cats
- I love coaching basketball
Now onto the questions.
- What would you say is the most important thing about you? Undoubtedly the fact that I love Jesus.
- What is your blog about? Lots of different stuff, but most especially my life in Africa.
- What inspired you to start blogging? My dad’s encouragement. When I was 13, he recognized that I had a little talent in writing, so he encouraged me to do some posts on his (then) blog. I haven’t stopped since.
- If I visited your city, what would I see? Which one? I was born in Chicago, grew up in New Hope Uganda, but my parents own a house in Saint Albans, West Virginia. If you visited New Hope, Uganda, you would see a lot of children, trees, and houses, in that order. Our elementary school alone has over 400 kids! Regardless, I know you would love seeing New Hope.
- A favorite author and why? J.R.R Tolkien when it comes to classics. His books are called masterpieces for a reason. My favorite current author is John Flanagan, author of the Ranger’s Apprentice series. His books inspire small, unathletic children everywhere to go out and enjoy nature.
- What is something positive about your childhood? Hmm, that’s a little vague, but I grew up with a theologian dad. He’s the reason I am considering studying theology at Moody.
- How would you describe God? The Father. As my Father, that is, to me, his most important characteristic, and one I feel is rather understated. Few describe or think of God as their Father. Instead, most feel he is something untouchable- too far away, not close enough to we humans. What we don’t realize is that God invites us, as Christians, into a family-type relationship with Him for the rest of our earthly and heavenly lives1
- Who inspires you, either living or dead? A couple of people in list of influence. 1: My parents. 2: My grandparents. 3: Josiah Dangers- a friend of the family who’s family/work lifestyle is close to what I envision myself living someday. 4: The rappers Lecrae and NF. 5: My friends everywhere.
- Do you volunteer, if so where? I am in the process of volunteering at my church’s Sunday School, and I am also volunteering to teach Chess to some of the kids at our elementary school.
- What brings you joy? Being with my grandparents. Because I don’t see them very often, the few moments I have with them are such a joy.
- Do you have someone whose life is an example of godly living? What about them draws you? My dad! He is one of the most patient, kind men I have ever met. He treats his wife, my mom, with the utmost respect and love, and has never gotten frustrated beyond what is appropriate. Out of everybody, I want to be like him the most.
Now 11 questions from me.
- Do you have a role model? If so, who?
- If you could visit the city of your choice, where would you go?
- What is your most fundamental belief?
- What’s your favorite book?
- Describe your hobbies.
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Do you play an instrument?
- How many siblings do you have?
- Coffee or tea?
- How do you like to drink your coffee/tea
- Do you follow any sports?
Finally, my nominees.
The Godly Chic Diaries: https://gcdiaries.wordpress.com/home/
Alright, everybody, thank you so much for letting me be part of this community, and I wish you a wonderful day!