Today we have not one, not two, but three awards to take care of! I have been double-nominated for the Outstanding Blogger award, an award I had not yet been nominated for, and single-nominated for the Thirteenth Disciple Tag.
Thank you so much, SonoofYHWH and MakaylaLife for the two Outstanding Blogger awards, and my brother Jesusluvsall for the Thirteenth Disciple tag! If you guys aren’t already following their blogs, make sure to do so by clicking on their names!
The Outstanding Blogger Award
- Provide the link to the creator’s original post. Outstanding Blogger Award by Colton Beck. (Very smart, Colton. You have my respect)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award.
1. Why do you believe what you believe? Is it because it’s your faith, your friends, your parents/ guardians, or is it what some person in authority to believes? I believe what I believe out of my own volition. Having seen the necessity for God in my life, and the absolute fallen state I am in, I believe that God sent his son Jesus, fully God and fully man, to die on a cross for my personal sins, resurrecting after three days and providing me a pathway to God and heaven upon Jesus’ imminent return.
2. What is something you feel you need to grow in? Everything! No human being can successfully say “I have something I don’t need to grow in.” Specifically, though, I need to grow a LOT in my graciousness.
3. What is your biggest time waster that you just can’t let go of? Probably chatting on Discord.
4. What is one trouble you have overcome lately? Was it as difficult as you thought it would be and do you wish you had done it sooner? Interestingly, I just overcame a difficulty I had in my basketball shooting form. Since your shot is such a delicate thing, it takes a long, long time to fully learn, and I was recently able to correct certain aspects of the shot that had slipped. It was easier than I thought, and I do wish I had done it sooner.
5. Is Scripture as true and applicable as it was in Moses, Isaiah, Jesus, and Paul’s time? Absolutely. Scripture does not change, culture does. Our culture should fit around Scripture, not the other way around.
6. What is one subject that you wish you had an all-encompassing knowledge about? Probably the character of God. If I knew everything about God, it would be that much easier to glorify/proclaim Him.
7. How do you know when something is truth? Do you test it or do you just read it in the news and force yourself to believe it is truth? I only know something is 100% true when God says it. Otherwise, there is a small chance it ISN’T true.
8. Describe your faith (or lack thereof!) See question 1.
9. What major piece(s) of advice would you give to anyone? Don’t be afraid to tackle difficult things. Try to learn about yourself and God while attempting the difficult thing, and don’t give up easily.
10. If you could change anything about yourself, what would you want to change? Probably my height. I’d like go grow about 4 more inches, putting me to 6’4.
11. What do you want to accomplish in the future? I’d like to become a successful author and speaker.
12. What is your favorite sport/hobby? Basketball is my sport, writing is my hobby.
13. Why did you start your blog, and what is your blog’s mission? I started my blog to write about glaring problems in our society, bringing my unique, multi-cultural perspective into play and helping others see what is not easily seen.
14. What one thing do you want more than anything else? Quite honestly, to be married. They say loneliness is an unknown word in marriage.
My nominees for this award can be found below.
1: What (or who) inspires you?
2: What is your favorite blog to read?
3: Do you enjoy writing?
4: Do you have a specific goal for your blog?
5: What is your favorite conversation topic?
6: Do you write about this topic?
7: Do you like coffee?
8: Do you, like me, have a specific snack you eat while blogging?
9: Who taught you how to write?
10: What is your strongest conviction?
11: Do you have vision for the future? If so, explain.
12: What activities (besides writing) do you enjoy?
13: Do you think social media is good or helpful?
14: What is your greatest wish?
- Thank the person who tagged you and include a link to their post
- Link the original post (The Thirteenth Disciple Tag) and give credit to the creator of this tag (Purple Rose) https://reluctantpreachersdaughter.wordpress.com
- Answer the 13 questions asked by Purple Rose.
- Tag as many people as you like.
- Use the original tag image.
1. Which disciple is your favorite? My favorite is the Apostle Peter, because he shows me that even a person who saw Jesus in real life can still doubt and deny.
2. How often do you pray The Lord’s Prayer? About once a month.
3. How often do you take communion? Around once a month, sometimes more.
4. Do you listen to sermons during the week? Not particularly, unless there’s a new Lecrae or Trip Lee sermon.
5. If Jesus asked you to have your own small group of 4, which 3 disciples or Bible Characters would you choose to be in your weekly prayer group? Paul, David, and Mary the mother of Christ.
6. Why did you choose those 3? Paul because he was the one of the most eloquent writers of all time; his education and testimony would be amazing to hear. David because of his relationship with God, and Mary because I want to hear everything about Jesus as a child.
7. What Bible characters do you relate to or understand the most? I relate the most to Paul because of his foreign travels. Interestingly, this is the same answer as my nominee, Jesusluvsall.
8. Which disciple would you argue with the most? Also Peter. I’m sorry, Jesusluvsall, I swear I’m not copying you.
9. Which disciple would you get along with the best? Probably Paul. He had a heart of gold.
10. If you were in the painting of the Last Supper, where would you be sitting? I’d be giving Peter bunny ears.
11. Peter carried a sword and cut off a soldier’s ear in an attempt to protect Jesus. If you were there that night, what would your reaction have been to the soldiers coming to arrest Jesus? I would have done the exact same thing. I’m a bodyguard and fiercely protective. The high priest’s servant wouldn’t have stood a chance.
12. We all need a Simon Peter in our life, someone who carries a “sword” and will fight for you. Who is/was your Simon Peter? Right now, my dad. He is a valiant warrior who has defended me countless times.
13. Similar to Jesus, we all have a Judas in our lives who helps us fulfill our destiny or find our purpose. Can you look back and appreciate their role in your life despite the harm they did or the hurt they caused? Quite honestly, I cannot think of any major “Judases” but I am aware that they exist even within my life. I am grateful to God for allowing these wayward people to shape me and my character.
My nominees for either award (their choice):
If you were not nominated on this list, feel free to request an official nomination! I will add your name and make it legitimate.
Until then, thanks again to my nominees, thanks to my readers for reading, and I hope all of you have a fantastic day!
Last post: Five Important Tips for Young Bloggers
Featured post: What Does It Mean to Be Grateful?
Related post: The Bookish Bucket List Tag