Thanks so much to Jesusluvsall for this nomination. He currently holds the record for giving me the newest nominations (come on, y’all. You need to give me some new ones), and so I got really excited when I saw this one. After all, Halloween is in the air and writing about pumpkins is tons of fun! So, without any further ado, let’s get started!
Here are the rules.
- Thank the person who tagged you and link their post to yours.
- Link the original post so the creators can read them
- Use the original featured image and include it in your post.
- Copy and paste the meaning of the tag into your post.
- Answer the questions.
- Tag at least one person.
- Have fun and enjoy the rest of your month!
I took the liberty of adding a new, better picture for this, so hopefully nobody minds. I’ve already finished the first four, with the fourth being answered by the above picture. Alright, now that that’s done, now on to the fifth!
- Do you celebrate Halloween? Why or why not? I do! I believe that, because of Jesus’ death and resurrection, death has been defeated and there’s no need to be afraid of it. Because I don’t worship or celebrate death, as much of my culture does, but instead enjoy the candy and pumpkin parts of it, I can celebrate with a free conscience!
- Do you like to watch scary movies? Why or why not? Not particularly, although I did enjoy watching A Quiet Place.
- Name 3 of your greatest fears. Being stung or bitten by something in the water, losing the use of a limb, muscle, or organ, and falling from a great height.
- When was the last time you scared someone? Oh, this is amazing. A few months ago, a few friends of mine were visiting my ministry and ended up staying the night in our spare bedroom, located in a small “banda” (house) outside of our house. The younger one, Boaz, woke up early and joined us for an early cup of coffee. The oldest, Loring, slept in a bit. Well, I have this terrifying mask of an old woman. So, as a prank, I put on the mask and quietly snuck out to the banda. Thankfully, Loring hadn’t woken and Boaz, who was watching the entire thing, had left the front door unlocked. So, quiet as a mouse, I snuck in and stood over him, my face about six inches from his. Then, I quietly shook him. What happened next needs no explanation. His eyes opened, he saw my old, grandmother face a few inches from him, screamed bloody murder, and tried to hit me. Thankfully, I had the foresight to retreat quickly and pull it off, so as to not entirely give him a heart attack. Absolutely, by far, my favorite scaring story to tell.
- Do you believe in ghosts, angels, and/or demons? I do not believe in ghosts, because I am a Christian and I believe that our soul is taken to either Hell or Heaven after we have died (or possibly a holding place, I don’t know). However, Scripture speaks at length about angels and demons, and so I believe strongly that they exist.
- Do you ever get déjà vu? What do you think it means? Not particularly, but if a situation that I am experiencing in the present appears to be similar to ones in the past, it might throw me off guard.
- What are two of your favorite candies? Dark chocolate (72%) and candy corn. I could literally eat pounds of candy corn, and 72% dark chocolate is just unbeatable.
Finally, my nominees. Guys, while you aren’t required to participate, you should definitely consider it. It’s a lot of fun.
Alright, that’s all for today. Thanks so much, again, to Jesusluvsall for the nomination. Guys, if you haven’t read his blog, be sure to check it out here. Thanks so much for reading this Halloween-themed post, and I hope you really enjoyed it. If you haven’t already, be sure to click that Follow button below, so as to not miss out on any new posts.
Last Post: 200 Followers Celebration
Featured Post: The 7 Most Common Misconceptions About Africa