Yesterday, as I blogged about the African Misconceptions, Africa Boy hit 200 followers. In just under three months, we have gone from 100 to 200 followers! This is absolutely awesome! Now, we’re 20% of the way to our major goal of 1,000 followers. However, this milestone is more meaningful then one might think. For the last three years, Africa Boy has experienced some major changes. Its site appearance, purpose, tagline, writing style, everything has undergone thought and change. Now, we even have a Facebook page! Truly, God is good. All the glory be to him forever and ever.
So, to celebrate our 200th follower, Luke, we’re going to do some unique stuff. Let’s get started!
Five strange things about me.
- I have chronic back pain. As a basketball player, I suppose that’s just part of the business, but I am plagued with bad back pain, especially after I play a game or workout.
- I am double-jointed. I can flex the first joints of my fingers, allowing me to easily palm a basketball.
- I am good at chemistry. As of right now, in 11th grade, Chemistry is by far my best subject. Apparently, I am the only writer/chemist teenager my friend Katelyn has ever heard of.
- I enjoy trying strange foods. To date, I have eaten food from China, India, Japan, USA, Uganda, Congo, Ethiopia, Thailand, England, Scotland, France, Spain, Mexico, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and a few more that I have forgotten. My favorite strange food is haggis.
- I took three years of piano and quite after my teacher moved away from Uganda to get married. I enjoyed the lessons but haven’t managed to find another teacher since.
This post was published by me just a few months ago. Called “The Ultimate Insult”, re-reading it and editing through it proved to be rather interesting. However, if you have any eye for writing, you will notice how much my writing style has changed in just the last few months. Practice makes mediocre, eh?
While our overall goal is 1,000 followers, to hopefully be completed before 2021 is upon us, Africa Boy’s next milestone is 300 followers, which I hope to achieve before February of 2020.
Anyway, guys, thanks so much for being a part of this, and I truly appreciate you and your efforts. Thanks for reading this post, and if you haven’t already, be sure to click that Follow button, so as to not miss out on any new posts. Thanks again, and I hope you have an epic day!
Featured Post: The Quirks of Living in Africa
Last Post: Five More Common Misconceptions about Africa
Related Post: 100 Followers!