Well, today is catch-up day. I guess I’ve put it off long enough. I have three nominations to take care of: The Sunshine Blogger Award, from Robert (thanks, man!), the Mystery Blogger Award from Lydia (that’s a new one!) and the 30 Questions Award from Jesusluvsall (Thanks, brother!)
First things first: You guys should definitely check out their blogs. Robert’s blog, Watching Daily at Wisdom’s Gates, is very cool and is chock-full of Godly wisdom and council. You can find it here. Lydia’s blog, InHisServiceAndLovingIt, is very, very cool with a lot of interesting discussions and thoughts. It can be found here. Finally, Jesusluvsall’s blog. His blog is absolutely awesome, because not only does he speak wisdom into a lot of difficult subjects, but he’s also gluten-free. It’s amazing! You can find it here.
Ok, now on to the individual rules and questions.
The Sunshine Blogger Award 2.0
Again, this one’s from Robert. Thanks, man! The rules are as follows.
1. Use the sunshine blogger award logo
2. Give thanks to the blogger that nominated you
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions
The first two are done, so now we do the last two.
1. What’s your favorite Bible verse at the moment? Romans 1:16. Unashamed until the day I die.
2. Who’s family for you? My two parents, Keith (41) and Laura (xx), as well as my five siblings: Noah (14), Isaiah (11), Elliana (10), Malakai (6), and Selah (4). I also have 22 or so cousins and all four of my grandparents.
3. Who are your closest friends? Kevin Britton (15, Missionary Kid with me but currently in Colorado), Abby Swanson (15, lives in Chicago), Qwesera Daniel (18, basketball teammate here in New Hope), Sammy Katabazi (16, basketball teammate), Essence, Loring, and Patience Ray (17, 16, and 14? I don’t know their exact ages but they’re currently serving in North Uganda), Josiah Kegg (16, Missionary Kid in Indonesia), and all of my TS members. You know who you are 🙂
4. What’s your favorite YouTube channel? Dude Perfect all the way!
5. If you could have a second home anywhere in the world, where would it be? Bloomingdale, Illinois. That’s where my grandparents live.
6. What was the last song you listened to? Start Over by Flame (feat. NF).
7. What’s your favorite form of social media (apart from WordPress!) and why? I mean, if email counts, then that would be my favorite. I sadly don’t do anything else.
8. What’s your local church like? Beautiful! Very excitable, enthusiastic, and supportive.
9. Do you have a garden? If so, describe it 🙂 No, but my dad does. He grows all kinds of stuff, from herbs to tomatoes to corn.
10. What’s the community you live in like? Awesome. Everybody knows everybody VERY well, so 75% of the people here have embarrassing stories of me at age 3. They are all very loving and supportive, and when two people announce that they are getting married, everything goes crazy!
11. What would you like to study more? God’s Word, the Bible!
Here are my 11 questions
1: If you could be any height, how tall would you be?
2: What are your plans for the future?
3: What’s your favorite book?
4: What’s your favorite food?
5: Do you have a favorite animal?
6: What country, if any, would you visit?
7: What’s your favorite place to relax?
8: How do you relax?
9: Favorite meme?
10: Coffee or tea?
11: Tell me why coffee is the greatest drink ever invented (sorry this is manipulative)
The Mystery Blogger Award
- Put the award logo/image on your blog/post.
- List the rules.
- Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blog and mention the creator of the award, Okoto, and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people and notify your nominees.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
Done with the first 3, now the rest.
- I collect Pokemon cards. Feel free to judge.
- I eat obnoxious amounts of food
- I like shawarma
- What’s your top 2 favorite toppings on a hotdog? Coleslaw and chili. It’s the West Virginian blood in me (thanks, dad).
- What’s your favorite pasta meal? Cold Chicken Pasta!
- What’s the most unique food combination you’ve ever eaten? Pizza and pineapple. Disgusting.
- What’s a chore that you enjoy doing? In all honesty, I don’t think there is.
- What’s an animal that you wished could talk? My dog. She would tell me when there was food in the fridge because dogs’ senses of smell are fantastic.
Here are my questions
1: What meal would you like to have for your birthday?
2: What’s your favorite genre of music?
3: Do you listen to music while you work?
4: Favorite book?
5: Describe your best friend.
Hannah (by the way, your new picture is absolutely boss)
Wow that was a lot of people.
Alright, thanks again Lydia! ‘Preciate it!
30 Questions Tag
This one’s from Jesusluvsall. Thanks, brother! These are his questions.
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
I am nicknamed Mack after Khalil Mack (no kidding), and E-Bill because my second name is William. I prefer to be called Elisha or Lisha.
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I honestly don’t.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
4. Do people consider you as talkative or quiet?
Talkative all the way. I’m a complete extravert.
5. What makes you cry?
Very little, but usually contemplating how fallen this world is.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people say, “Hey! Come here!”. Like, why don’t you come to me?
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Once, in the mornings when I get ready for the day.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
What if I ate watermelon seeds, they would grow in my stomach (thanks, Uncle Jones).
9. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
DRINKING COFFEE. Sorry, mama.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
My mom, by far. I can’t even tell you how much she does for me.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
I don’t, but I occasionally check CNN.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
Sharks, if that counts.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
14. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received?
Uh, a friend told me that I’ve gotten good at basketball (an absolute lie, I’m only decent).
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
How much coffee did you drink today?
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
Haggis! If you don’t know what it is, Google it.
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
19. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
Chicago. It’s so beautiful, and driving there is really fun.
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I’m going to slightly copy you, my nominator, and say Aragorn.
21. When was the last time you lied?
I honestly don’t remember, but I’m sure it was recent.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
The inventor of a drug.
24. What is your favorite amateur activity?
25. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Man, I keep copying my nominee. I thought that I need more sleep.
26. What is your favorite song (at least at the moment)?
At the moment, it’s NF- Returns
27. List someone you know, and describe them in 5 words.
My dad: loving, compassionate, gracious, strong, and funny.
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
The Apostle Peter: What was Jesus like?
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
Um, I don’t know. Oh, apparently, Niall Horan. That’s according to this website.
30. What do you want me to know?
That Jesus is real.
And for that nomination, anybody that’s reading this and wants to do it is nominated!
Once again, thanks to Robert, Lydia, and Jesusluvsall for the nominations. Have a great day, guys!